2023 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Sep 29, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And always good when you see your favorite pro team drafted a kid who your favorite college team knocked out of a game in the CWS and his arm may also fall off to boot.

2. CardinalVol

Lindsey to Marlins in round 5. What a dang story.

Tar Volon likes this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, you take that every single time. College will be waiting on him if baseball doesn't work out.

justingroves likes this.
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He hasn’t exactly plummeted yet, but how far does Dickey have to fall to come back?

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Nevermind, he’s plummeted

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s weird.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Imo it may have something to do with his legs. He’s had knee issues and legs kinda like Zion in their shape. Totally a guess but I wondered prior when watching him run. He runs like they could buckle anytime. We know it’s not his bat or hands.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think it may be questions about his position. Not sure MLB teams are sold on him as an outfielder and he’s not going to catch at the next level given how poorly that went at UT

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I thought the bat would play well enough that somebody would take him and sort out the defense in the low minors.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yeah he lacks speed and arm out there. DH is his chance. Or try 1B

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Galanie hasn’t gone yet. Gotta think that means he’s in next year

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

So the only casualty is Rucker and he was expected? And now we could get Dickey/Denton back

Can the transfers back out? Could put some guys in a bad situation for playing time next year.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Those things tend to sort themselves out.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

16. CardinalVol

lumberjack4, The Dooz and IP like this.
  17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Today I learned Bohannon has a Wake Forest MBA and his undergrad stops were at Vandy, Georgia Tech and Berry.

Funny, because not really knowing anything about him prior to all this and just seeing his picture I would have guaranteed he’d spent his whole life in bumf**k LA. Never too late to go where you belong though, if he wants to coach baseball again a 1A school or third rate travel ball outfit out of Opp or Jasper or something like that sounds right.

18. CardinalVol

That their Chamber has never used "Get down with O-P-P" as a marketing slogan is a travesty.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Dickey could get taken early today and be paid over slot value, so him returning is still far from certain IMO

Transfers do not sign an LOI so they’re free to change their mind about their commitment up to the day they enroll.

20. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Dickey to the Royals in 11th.