Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But understandable.

Poppa T and justingroves like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I know. actually I could go. 4 nights trying to sleep on a chair in neuro icu doesn’t lead to much energy especially after the adrenaline and stress rush crashes. Jake is cool. Plus they are streaming it so we can watch it on the big screen.
    They tell patients to get rest but come in every hour it seems to check on him or randomly empty a trash can at 3 am. Only complaint. Especially the last night nurse help who came in like Kramer thru the door and scared both of us straight up. Kinda think she could be one of those crazy people who do it on purpose..flying doors open in icu to see what happens. I had nothing but thank yous to them all week but said to her “was that necessary!?”

3. Ssmiff

lol we got a kick out of this. This guy is 6’7 headed to play OT and scored 4 on us just by cutting behind lazy defense. Coach tells jake to go in and bother him. He did for a little bit and made him work and tired him out a little. On to state semis.

Attached Files:

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Grandson made cut for singles tennis State. Top 4 in Regional get a spot. Top 4 regional play for seeding moved to Monday due to Saturday rainouts.

And no, he is not college-level material. I am amazed. He is going National Guard/GI Bill route.

CitrusCo.Vol, CardinalVol and Ssmiff like this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My brother in law is telling us about his baseball coaching experience this year and if I were in his shoes I’d either be dead or awaiting my trial for murder.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Fricking rain moved Saturday matches to today. A 12 hour day wasted.

What should have been finished around noonish today, the rain, again. So I just got back from grandson's semi and final regional tennis seeding matches.

The bad news is he lost his first match. The good news is he won his second match and will be a 3 seed out of Regional. A 4 seed would mean his first match in State would have been a 1 seed. So as a 3 seed he has a better chance against a 2 seed.

These 12 hour events are rough on an old man. But thankful I am able to do it.

I am still amazed at his success. Very proud and happy for him, but amazed.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, my son told me last night that he wants to sign up to play football. I may be the happiest dad in the world right now.

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I trust you mean REAL football and not that sport that Europeans created to keep women busy while their husband's were cooking.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Both of mine are playing in the fall, I'm excited

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Would be be Halls or Central where you live?

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Mine played one year each in elementary school. They both decided it was not fun to be hit and quit after one year. I was never happier than when they did, as I was not expecting 3 2 hour practiced during the week and then games on Saturday. Too much time investment for the old man. So for selfish reasons I am glad they didn't want to continue.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Central.

13. Ssmiff

Trying to win btb state public school titles today. Been a weird year. Lots of seniors. Some not focused. Brutal schedule playing out of state top ranked teams from Indiana and Alabama in addition to MUS, McCallie, MBA, Baylor, programs with their own lacrosse facilities and weight room access we don’t get. We practice at the park. Beat 15-1 and top 100 US ranked Franklin last week 9-8. Nolensville is 17-2 I believe. We can win the title today with our playoff run and and up 9-9 on the season.

Attached Files:

Poppa T likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

From no titles since inception decades ago to btb titles.

Attached Files:

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My middle one had a "skills" camp for junior pro football, finished first and got a medal. He changed in the truck, played his baseball game and went 2-2 with two RBIs.