POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He will go because he isn't running again. He is going to fulfill his term.

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Democrats have looked the other way on the exact same things, fwiw.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's not running because he was going to lose the primary and he'll probably be convicted before the general. As was said, if NJ had a Republican governor he'd already be gone but because he is more useful as a story for people who are fed what to think by the right wing media apparatus, he is too valuable to round up 30-some GOP votes in the senate to remove him.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The Republican's don't want the vote, or they'd push for the vote, like Dems did with Santos for over a year before they finally got two of them. Republican's don't want the vote and enough Dems also don't want the vote, so we don't have the vote. But I just want to point out that 0 as in zero as in none as in not a damn single Republican has called for expulsion, which is unheard of. While over half of the Dems have. Which tells you they (Republicans) are perfectly happy to maintain the status quo if the D's are. It's got nothing to do with "doing the right thing" it's political. What's the benefit of trading out a D for a D when I can simply get scam zehr for campaign dollars by pretending I really want to do something I'm going out of my way to explicitly not do.

It's not just Republicans, we can and should beat the other 20 Dems who aren't pushing for a vote over the head because they're just as bad as the 49 Republicans here. Put every single one of them on the record make the 20 Dems say the seriousness and repetitive nature of these allegations don't matter for our guy. Let the Republicans explain why the allegations only matter when its the other team. At the end of the day hold the vote make every one of them show where they stand.

SetVol13 likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Who is in charge of the Senate again? Call for the vote and make people put their vote out there. This is a Dem problem and they can call for a vote. They just haven't yet and won't because they can get your dumbass to write them checks to help get rid of the evil Republicans.

Last edited: May 5, 2024
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think Republicans wanted him gone when NJ had a Republican governor and the Dems protected him. Call for the vote. If Republicans don't vote to expel him they can't campaign on the Dems not doing their job of getting rid of him. Why not do that?

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

As mentioned before, 69 members of the senate are in the wrong. I don’t wash the blame away for any of them. I don’t care about the letter.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Dems need to call for a vote. It is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They need help to call for the vote. Just like Republican's needed help from Dems calling for the Santos votes. They appear to have none (or at the very least not enough), or it would have been called. Again, if Mitch had a republican governor to fill the seat this vote would have happened back in October. A higher percentage of Senate Dems want Menendez gone than House Republicans voted to expel Santos after the Ethics Committee investigation said everything claimed and then more was true. So end the end we're left with the overwhelming majority of the Senate not wanting a vote (Comprised of both D's and R's). So there is no vote, thanks to a bi-partisan consensus of people not wanting to do the right thing, but the politically advantageous thing.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Holy shit this is dumb. It's their mess so they can and should call for a vote of expulsion. Republicans will then have the spotlight on them to make a decision. The governor being dem is a stupid argument as well because all he would do is fill the spot for the rest of Mendezs term which is done at the end of the year so that not a big deal at all. Also don't forget Republicans wanted him expelled before and the pure as gold Dems protected him.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Feel free to stop being dumb at any time. They don't have the votes. Just like Republicans didn't have the votes for Santos for over a year. The 31 Dems need Republicans to join them to force a vote. They don't have the votes. 69 members of the Senate are simply ignoring the issue. Some are hoping it goes away while others are sending fundraising emails. 31 members are on the right side here, none of the others are.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They can call for a vote. Have Republicans outright said they will not vote or will vote against?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a Dem problem. That's the whole point.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's break it down to the most basic, closest level. Does the GOP have the ability to trigger the vote, with the 31 D votes? yes. Does the GOP see this as a Dem problem and thus want to do nothing to resolve it? Yes.

So sure, go off. Be a tool for politicians and pretend like this isn't deliberate maneuvering to manipulate you.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ole Miss has already expelled the student who made ape gestures at protestors. That was fast. His frat dropped him Friday, even quicker.

NashVol11 likes this.
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You want to counter-protest? Fine

You want to be a little racist piece of shit? Well damn, consequences suck don’t they?

justingroves likes this.
  18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m sure he’ll get paid to speak at the next Turning Point USA event, though. Maybe his punishment should have been being forced to continue to live in the state of Mississippi

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

More bad parenting. Believe his dad has a record of multiple duis. None of our kids would act like he did because they were raised better and are better people.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh yeah, racism is 100% taught/learned

SetVol13 likes this.