POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I figured in Oxford he’d receive a scholarship or something. Maybe even an NIL deal.

justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Getting expelled does seem pretty stern. Kids are allowed to stay in school after some pretty awful shit.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah once the story went viral, I don’t think they had much of a choice.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree, just like folks are way too quick with the hook on the protesters who are doing it peacefully. We don't seem to really believe in free speech when it is unpopular speech.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah I agree too. I’m not gonna lose any sleep over this particular fella, though

That said, I imagine Ole Miss figures they don’t have a lot of wiggle room when it comes to outward racism on viral videos.

justingroves likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It was dumb on a bunch of levels. Obviously the racism but doing it at an event like that when there’s really high odds someone is going to get you on video, just go ahead and quit before they have to fire you

SetVol13, utvol0427 and emainvol like this.
  7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I, for one, hope Burchett is the one to leak information that would cause the person who leaks it to be murdered. Win-win situation if there ever was one.

cpninja, The Dooz and emainvol like this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

Unless there’s seemingly a risk it could be a deep fake, I couldn’t give a damn about who tweeted it or the background if all I’m posting is a video.

I don’t follow that account, have no idea what they’re about. Seems like an odd thing to point out honestly.

IP likes this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Ben Sasse, us usual, knocks it out of the park.

"At the University of Florida, we have repeatedly, patiently explained two things to protesters: We will always defend your rights to free speech and free assembly—but if you cross the line on clearly prohibited activities, you will be thrown off campus and suspended. In Gainesville, that means a three-year prohibition from campus. That’s serious. We said it. We meant it. We enforced it. We wish we didn’t have to, but the students weighed the costs, made their decisions, and will own the consequences as adults. We’re a university, not a daycare. We don’t coddle emotions, we wrestle with ideas."

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, that pretty well says what needs to be said. These people are out of control.

16. HCKevinSteele

Kristi Noem completely self destructing the past week or so has been something else.

TennTradition likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

SetVol13 likes this.
  19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I love the UFO stuff. I just want to believe though.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah he was always a little bit quirky but he’s gone full nut job since he’s been in the House.